Metallurgical production of the plant comprises:
- Titanium foundry having capability to cast up to 700 tons per year.
- Steel foundry producing castings of different steel grades with weight up to 3 tons.
- Non-ferrous foundry manufacturing castings from tin and aluminum bronze, brass, aluminium alloys.
- Forging shop and section for thermal treatment.
- Thermal treatment section on the base of tool maker shop.
- castings for shipbuilding
- (screw propellers, stop valves, pump parts);
- castings for chemical industry and pulp-and-paper plants (impellers, volute casings, covers, mixing devices, heat exchangers, etc. );
- castings for oil-and-gas industry (stop valves, gate valves, valves, etc.).
- Material grade:
- alloys of Russian origin: VT1-00 (BT1-00), VT1-0 (BT1-0) as per GOST 19807, VT6L (ВТ6Л), VT20L (ВТ20Л), VT5 (BT5) as per OST 1.90060, TL3 (ТЛЗ), TL5 (ТЛ5) as per OST R.9071-88;
- foreign made alloys: Grade-2, Grade-3, Grade-5, Grade-12 as per ASTM В 367.
Sea water, aggressive environments of chemical industry, hydrocarbons, etc.
Application of articles made of titanium alloys is in many cases more profitable than application of the similar parts made of stainless steel due to increased service life, especially in aggressive environments. Parts made of titanium alloys are two times less in weight than the steel ones, they feature similar technical properties and in most cases surpass in performance.
Titanium foundry is equipped with 9 vacuum furnaces for smelting of titanium enabling to melt any titanium alloy. The shop operates one of the world's biggest vacuum furnaces for melting and pouring of titanium alloys.
The state-of-the-art foundry equipment contributes to manufacturing of complex-shaped castings weighing up to 2 750 kg with wall thickness of 3mm and over, diameter up to 2,5m and height up to 1,5m.
The plant produces a wide range of shaped castings made of titanium alloys, employed in shipbuilding, machine-building, space and defense equipment production.
Over the last years the company has been specializing in production of valve fittings, pump casings and impellers, compressors used in aggressive environments in full compliance with the world standards.
Specified life cycle of stainless steel cast bodies is up to 5 years, whereas service life of titanium castings in corrosive mediums is not less than 25 years.